is a Non-profit organization whose mission is To create, organize, promote, and advocate for programs and services to support and serve the needs of Massachusetts student athletes ages 9 to 19, with a focus on developing strong work habits, enforcing self-accountability and establishing a foundation for life after sports, which programs may include mentoring, counseling, job and skills training, tutoring, education, fitness, heath & wellness and athletics.
FASTER, SMARTER, STRONGER PROGRAM (YEAR ROUND)
• Youth Nutrition Conditioning & Tutoring
• Available to children ages 6-14 (boys & girls)
• Focus to improve basketball skills, physical conditioning & nutrition
• Provide individual help in specific school subjects
Goal: To promote healthy eating habits, basketball fundamentals and study habits.
Back to School (2nd Weekend in September)
• Started in 2010 this year will be the 3rd Annual Event.
• Basketball Tournament with 16 youth teams
• School supply give-a-way for participants and neighbors of the community
Goal: To prepare the youth for upcoming school year.
Breast Cancer Awareness (Last Weekend in October)
• Started in 2011 this year will be the 2nd Annual Event.
• 45 and over, HS, and Co-ed Basketball Games
• Distribution of educational pamphlets focused on Breast Cancer
• Honoring survivors and remembering those who are no longer with us
Goal: To raise money in support of breast cancer research in partnership with Mass General Hospital
PEE-WEE INTRODUCTION TO BASKETBALL (Oct. – Dec.)
• Ages 5-7.
• Providing an atmosphere to get young children familiar with basketball.
• Focus on team concept, running, passing, dribbling and shooting.
Goal: To introduce young children to the game of basketball.
Cops .vs. Kids (March, June, September)
• Kids from different sections of the inner city get an opportunity to play basketball against Boston Police Officers
Goal: To build a stronger relationship with Boston Police and the youth in the community.